Many women are now building a strong industry presence and taking leadership roles as the gender gap in tech industry leadership roles decreases.
To acknowledge and recognize their contribution and get to know them better, we continue our blog series featuring women game changers in the mobile industry.
User Acquisition/Growth at MAG Interactive
- How did your interest in the mobile industry begin?
I started out as a product marketing intern for Virgin Mobile. It was a new and exciting industry to be in!
- What are the most important skills a User Acquisition Manager should have?
Aside from having analytical skills, it’s important to be flexible, adaptive and creative in your approach.
- How do you stay ahead of changes in technology?
Never stop learning and testing new technologies. Every quarter, go ahead and test a new product or two, new ways of doing things.
- What do you see as the biggest challenge for women in tech and how do we overcome it?
There are various challenges for women at different stages of their career in tech. Leadership and career growth are probably some of the bigger ones. Where do we go after we’ve been in the business for a while? Are there enough opportunities to lead? I think supporting other women in tech, supporting female-led businesses could be helpful. Having mentors and being a mentor yourself are also important initiatives.
- What do you think are the top trends that will shape the mobile industry in 3-5 years?In terms of marketing and measurement the answer is likely automation in many aspects of mobile marketing. In gaming, it’s really tough to predict. We might see shifts in monetisation models and more complex formats ahead.
- What do you think is missing in the world right now?
That’s a very broad topic, but just in terms of gaming and technology, we could always use more socially conscious applications and tech.
- What’s the most courageous thing you’ve ever done?
Probably public speaking, it’s always terrifying!
- What is your personal mantra/motto?
Never stop learning.
- Name the top three apps you use daily.
Instagram, Slack, WhatsApp.
- What is one thing only a few people know about you?
I’m a big book nerd.