We might associate mobile tech with male executives and engineers, but there are many women in tech and executive-level roles who are now leading the industry.
Currently, women hold 31% of computing jobs, according to a study by CEB. And the good news is this number is set to continuously increase until the year of 2020.
To acknowledge and give credit to women in the mobile tech industry, we continue our blog series featuring women, game changers in the mobile industry.
Head of Marketing and Growth, Playstudios IL
I’m the Head of Marketing and Growth at the new Israeli studio of Playstudios, one of the largest social casino games developers in the world. In the past 2 years, I led the growth of the studio's newest mobile game, POP! Slots, taking it to the top 10 charts of the worldwide casino category. I have 7 years of experience working for top brands and apps, mainly in the US market. I joined Playstudios in 2015 and established the marketing team that handles user acquisition, ASO, and community management.
- What brought you to the mobile marketing industry?
I studied economics and psychology, and the field of marketing always intrigued me. I believe that the combination of economy and psychology allows me to analyse various modules and leads me to better decision making.
- What is your favorite thing about your job?
I love diversity. The fact that I can wake up everyday and go to work and learn something new about the industry fascinates me. The field allows me to stimulate my mind and I get to do what I enjoy most.
- What do you think are the greatest challenges of mobile marketers today?Nowadays, there’s a major problem with ad fraud, mainly due to the fact that there’s various types of frauds. In addition to this, it is often almost impossible to identify the fraud.
Another great challenge mobile marketers face today is the fact that the CPI is increasing, and it is difficult to attract the best audience.
- What advice would you give to young professional interested in mobile app marketing?
I would definitely recommend applying to a big publisher or an agency. That way the individual is exposed to the industry and can decide if this field suits them or not.
- What is your philosophy or guiding principle around mentorship?
Even cowgirls get the blues.
- What’s the coolest thing you’re working on right now?
I joined a creative writing class.
- What/who inspires you?
My grandfather and grandmother. They have been through a lot of challenges and overcame all of them. They are true heroes.
- If you could have a meal with anyone (living or dead), who would you like to invite the most?
I would love to sit and dine with Tina Fey, she is one of my favorite comedians and a major inspiration for me. She looks like an awesome person to share a bottle of wine with.
- If you were not in this industry, what would you be doing?
I would like to believe that if I wasn’t in the mobile marketing industry, I would be writing scripts for films and TV programs. In addition, I always dreamed of being a dog trainer, mainly because I love them so much.
- Name the top three apps you use daily.
Instagram, POP! Slots!, and Spotify.