Many women are now building a strong industry presence and taking leadership roles as the gender gap in tech industry leadership roles decreases.
To acknowledge and recognize their contribution and get to know them better, we continue our blog series featuring women game changers in the mobile industry.
Monetization Lead at SciPlay
- What motivated you to pursue this career?
After nearly 15 years overseeing marketing operations for brick and mortar casinos, it was time for a change and to move out of the casino experience and into the casual entertainment space. Joining SciPlay allowed me to focus more on interactive/social trends while sticking with my love for gaming and marketing.
- What do you love most about the work environment and culture at SciPlay?
SciPlay has given me the opportunity to work on almost all of our gaming apps, which has been so exciting! I’ve been able to get to know various game teams and to get a detailed look at how each game operates. But currently, I absolutely love working with the Bingo Showdown game team. This team truly cares about the future of the game and about each other. Plus, each person on the team pushes their hardest to make the game into what we know it can (and will) be!
- What do you see as the biggest challenge for women in tech and how do we overcome it?
The gaming tech world is heavily male populated. This is so interesting considering the target player audience skews female. Sometimes it can be daunting to sit in a room of headstrong men (or women, for that matter) and make sure your voice is heard and ensure you’re learning everything you can possibly learn. So, the biggest challenge for women, in my opinion, is to break down those barriers, speak up, and most importantly, LEARN NEW THINGS.
- Tell us about the most rewarding moment of your career.
For me, the most rewarding moments have always been employee or team focused. Hiring the right person into a role and seeing THEM succeed and flourish is one of the most rewarding things anyone can be a part of. Similarly, to be part of a team that is truly passionate about the app they are working on and then seeing that team smash their goals cannot be beat!
- What advice would you give to a young professional interested in this field?
Be eager to learn. Degrees are great. Experience is great. But someone who is passionate about their own success and the success of their team and company is hard to find. If you walk into an interview and sell YOURSELF, you won’t regret it.
- If you had all the money in the world to spend, what kind of vacation would you plan?100% an African safari. I’m trying to make it happen. Animals are what makes my world go round!
- If you were not in this industry, what would you be doing?
See above! I’d definitely be doing something with rescuing animals.
- If you could take a single photograph of your life, what would it look like?
Probably an image of the quote “What if I fall? Oh, but my darling, what if you fly?”
- If you were stranded on a desert island, which three items would you bring with you?All the puppies, of course! Other than that, give me an iPad/iPhone and a way to charge it and access wi-fi and I’m set for life!