Source: Sensor Tower
It's hard to believe that 2016 is already halfway over. As we start a new quarter, mobile app marketers should take a look back to Q1 for some insights and in order to map out or make tweaks to their marketing strategy for the rest of the year. To help app marketers do this, we've partnered with Sensor Tower to provide digestible information about the state of the app economy in Q1.
Gain valuable insights into the app economy on the App Store and Google Play with Sensor Tower’s free quarterly Data Digest for Q1 2016. Created by Sensor Tower's data science team using their industry-leading Store Intelligence platform, this report covers Q1’s macro trends for both stores along with worldwide and U.S. top apps, publishers, and categories.
Key highlights from our Q1 2016 report include:
- 17.2 billion total app downloads on the App Store and Google Play combined.
- 8.2 percent year-over-year growth in worldwide App Store and Google Play downloads.
- Chinese publishers continued to grow their share of the world’s top iOS apps.
- Streaming apps decreased in number among the world’s most downloaded apps compared to Q4 2015.
- Macro store trends, top apps and publishers, global market insights, and more.
Periodically, we bring content from our partners that we believe is relevant to our blog audience. For more such articles in the future, please continue to visit our blog.