As the mobile market grows and mobile advertising is used on a wider scale, there is a greater demand for more sophisticated technology. In today’s mobile advertising industry, programmatic is one of the hottest topics. The Interactive Advertising Bureau reports that programmatic media buys account for an estimated 85% of all digital ad spending.
The Benefits of Programmatic Advertising
- Programmatic automates the decision-making process of media buying for mobile ads allowing you to buy impressions that target your specific audience in a real-time bidding (RTB) setting.
- It uses automated technology, which improves the efficiency of the media-buying process. Data is gathered and analyzed more efficiently to develop insights to optimize campaign performance.
- It saves time and money. With programmatic advertising, the publisher does not have to set up any campaigns and the advertiser does not have to distribute any ad tags. Inventory prices are decided in real-time through an auction where various publishers and/or advertisers can participate.
We have collected all the information you need about the key programmatic components, the players in the market, and programmatic strategies, in our Beginner’s Guide to Programmatic whitepaper.
With the continuous growth and popularization of programmatic advertising, these trends will help you maximize your next campaign.
1. Wider adoption of Artificial Intelligence in programmatic advertising
With the help of AI, marketers can understand their audiences better, which leads to more customized and relevant ad messaging. From tracking the entire marketing funnel to collecting data on customer behavior and tendencies, it's an ideal feedback tool to be investing in right now.
2. Larger spending on programmatic technology
Programmatic is getting a tremendous push due to the increased focus on app monetization and yield optimization. Most US digital display dollars are transacted using programmatic technology. It is predicted that by 2021, US digital display advertisers will invest nearly $80 billion in programmatic advertising.
3. 5G will change programmatic advertising
The launch of the fifth generation of cellular mobile communications (5G) is set to take the cellular bandwidth landscape by storm. The bandwidth of 5G is likely to exceed 100 gigabits per second, which is 100 times faster than its predecessors. This brings more opportunities for interactive advertising formats, as well as larger file sizes.
4. Return of high impact ad creatives
Dynamic creative optimization, which can be implemented via a creative management platform, enables the production of high quality, relevant, and impactful ads for users. Its success relies on using correct ad formats in the right environment, ensuring that viewability is matched by memorability.
5. Limit Ad Tracking
With Apple’s announcement of planned privacy updates in early 2021, the mobile advertising industry has to start preparing and looking for ways to run effective campaigns with limited ad tracking (LAT) enabled. This is a major industry shake up, with no concrete alternative on the table yet, and requires out of the box solutions.
Still have questions about programmatic? Shoot us a message and we will help you make your next app marketing campaign a hit.