What makes working at Aarki so special is being part of a team of exceptionally brilliant, ingeniously creative, and friendly people. To get to know more about our colleagues, we will feature a new team member every month.
Who’s on this month's spotlight?
- What is your role at Aarki?
I’m Mark, VP of Engineering at Aarki. Currently working with the engineering team on scaling our systems for the growing demand.
- What drew you to Aarki originally? And how has Aarki changed since?
I knew Levon for a long time prior to Aarki. When he and Sid decided to start the company, I was excited to join and work with them on new and interesting ideas. We have grown alot since then.
- What has been the most important innovation you have witnessed in Aarki?
I think what we are doing now by merging our cutting edge creative tools with an already strong performing DSP is unique and powerful.
- What sorts of industry trends do you see?
Mobile advertising is growing at a very fast pace and surely will continue exploding during the coming years. My perspective is that advertisers will have more focus on data. Everything about performance.
- What do you think is Aarki’s biggest opportunity in 5 years?
We have great plans for the future but I can consider our current opportunity in DSP space the biggest opportunity for the coming years.
- What is your proudest moment at Aarki?
Not one, but many, many moments. For example, every day I see the crazy ads our creative team conjures with the tools we’ve built, and that makes me proud of what we have accomplished.
- How would you describe Aarki culture?
We are mostly nice people :)
- What is your personal philosophy?
Being open-minded is the philosophy I follow.
- How would you describe the best place you’ve travelled by far?
I like Rome. So much history and something interesting around every corner.
- What are the three things you can’t live without?
Coffee, chips and salsa, internet.
- What books are at your bedside?
No books right now. The last one I read was “Snow Crash” by Neal Stephenson.
- If given a chance, who would you like to be in a day?
I would like to be somebody with more time.
- What is an ability you wish you have?
- You’d like to be famous for?
I would like to be famous for teleportation.
- You’re happiest when?
When my daughter hugs me.
Mark is a graduate of BS Computer Science and has been in the industry for 12 years. His contribution in the development of Aarki is tremendous.