What makes working at Aarki so special is being part of a team of exceptionally brilliant, ingeniously creative, and friendly people. To get to know more about our colleagues, we will feature a new team member every month.
Who’s on this month's spotlight?
- Who are you and what do you do?
I am Aram, Software Engineer at Aarki. Currently, I am working with the other engineers to scale our RTB system.
- What drew you to Aarki originally?
I knew about Aarki Armenia from its first day, my friends and my snowboarding buddies were working here. I also liked the problems that the team was solving and now, I am happy to be a part of it.
- What has been the most important innovation you have witnessed in Aarki?
Aarki is actually an innovative company and I cannot isolate a single innovation - I would say the whole process is innovative.
- What sorts of industry trends do you see?
Here is my two cents on this - “in-feed native ads” will grow most in the near future.
- What do you think is Aarki’s biggest opportunity in 5 years?
We have seen a major growth in mobile advertising during the recent years and in my opinion, Aarki’s biggest opportunity is becoming a competitor of Facebook in the advertising sphere. :)
- What is your proudest moment at Aarki?
When our product/output goes live and makes money.
- How would you describe Aarki culture?
Friendly. We spend a considerable part of our lives at work and it is very nice to work in an environment where people understand you. Aarki is just that kind of place.
- What is your personal philosophy?
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone. I always think that you need to do something unusual in order to get an unusual result.
- What are the two things you can’t live without?
Challenges and life goals. I should always have a goal that leads me.
- What books are at your bedside?
I always read 2 or 3 books simultaneously. Currently, they are:
2. The War of the Worlds - H.G. Wells
- If given a chance, who would you like to be in a day?
I would like to be one of my friends in order for me to see myself from another angle. With someone else's eyes, I will know new things about myself.
- What is an ability you wish you have?
To live as long as the humanity lives. I want to see people’s future, their evolution and/or collapse - to see whether we could inhabit other planets or not.
- You’d like to be famous for?
Actually, I do not like to be famous. I would like to be a "grey eminence" and operate behind the scenes. :)
Aram holds a Masters of System Programming and has been in the industry for 10 years. His contribution in the development of Aarki is outstanding.