The rapid development of more advanced targeting capabilities for mobile programmatic media buying has enabled marketers to target users on an even more granular level and AppsFlyer’s Audiences is among these advancements. It has made running data-driven mobile app marketing campaigns easier.As Ben Roodman, Director of Partner Development at AppsFlyer said, this aims to further improve campaign targeting capabilities, “allowing marketers to define a target segment and dynamically sync all devices that fit that segment profile to integrated media sources.”
Aarki is already benefiting from AppsFlyer Audiences. To know more about all the benefits of this tool, read here. At the meantime, we will present the step by step setup instructions on:- Creating Audiences
- Connecting and Uploading Audiences To Aarki
- Audiences Panel
Audiences can be found under the Labs tab in the AppsFlyer dashboard left-hand toolbar (see below):
To create an audience, follow these steps:
1. Click “Add Audience” from the Audiences window:
The Audience Builder will be shown where you can configure and connect the Audience:
- Name the Audience - this is mandatory:
3. Select the app for the audience user base:
- Click the “Add Filter” button to add a custom filter:
Filter Users: You can build Audiences using Install/Uninstall events, App Launches, Views and Clicks, In-app events, Geo, Clicks, App, and OS versions.
In case a filtered event contains attributes, click “Add Event Attribute.”
You can add multiple attributes filters for the same event:
- If additional criteria are required, step 3 can be repeated multiple times. All conditions must be met (and connection) for any user to be included in an audience.
- The Audience Builder provides a fast and accurate estimate of the audience size. The estimation is calculated in real time, and is located at the bottom of your current Audience filters:
- When completed, click Save Audience and Proceed.
Connecting and Uploading Audiences To Partners
To automatically upload audiences to Aarki, first establish a connection with us.
1. Click the “Connect” Tab on the top of the Audience Builder:
- Select “Aarki”:
- Follow the specific instructions (Log in / Enter credentials) for each of the partners in the promoted configuration screen.
- Once the connection is established, select all the audiences you want to connect with Aarki and click “Save Connections”.
- Click “Close” to exit the Audience builder. Once saved, AppsFlyer uploads your Audiences to Aarki once a day.
- For details on the Audiences integration with Aarki follow the steps:
- Clients only see the available partners
- You must repeat step (3) for every new audience you create
- You only need to establish a connection to Aarki once. The connection remains established for future audiences.
After creating your first Audience and connecting it to Aarki, go to the Audiences’ window to view and manage all of your Audiences:
From this screen, you are able to perform multiple actions on your Audiences, as well as view additional information about them:
1. Search for existing audiences:
- Add new audiences:
- Perform Bulk Actions on multiple audiences after selecting them:
- Under the “Actions” tab, you can perform multiple actions on your Audience, such as View History, Upload now, Download as CSV, Duplicate, and Delete:
- View History allows you to view the upload history of that audience. As your Audiences update daily, you can view the users list size differences throughout its lifecycle:
- Duplicate Audience allows you to make a copy of the selected Audience, with the exact same filters as the original. In addition, you can also choose which partner connections to inherit from the original Audience:
The Audience Panel also allows you to view information such as:- Current Audience Size
- Partner upload status
- Last Upload Time
For more information on AppsFlyer’s Audiences, please see this link.